Huand Mosque was founded in 1238 by the spouse of Alaaddin Keykubad.
Mahperi Huand Hatun. during the reign of her son Giyaseddin Keyhusrev II.
Similar to the previous mosques, Huand Mosque contains a maqsura dome.
lantern dome and vaulted aisles pacallel to the qibla wall. The central
part of the mosque is more stressed with its nawe-like aisle leading to
the mihrab. Two additional vaulted aisles placed at right angles to the
qbla wall flank this part. This part also contains two aisles perpendicular
to the qibla wall at the back. In addition to the mosque, this complex
incorporated a madiasa, a kiimbet and a bath (homam). The octagonal tomb
attached to the madrasa is so placed in bawn the mosque and the madrsa
that the visitors of the mosque face it while passing by the entrance vestibule
leading to the zulla.
The western portal of the mosque contains a stalactite niche framed with geometrical star patterns. Similar geometrical patterns are applied on the mituab inside of the mosque. The madrasa, which is of axial and open type, contains student cells on the back of the arcades (revak) around the court. There are service rooms on the two sides of the envance vestibule and an iwan facing the court on the east. The bath of the complex stands on the ~st of the mosque. It is a double-hamam with separate sections for men and women. The changing hall of the hamam's men section has been desdroyed, but the tepidarium (lukrwarm soction) as well as the calidarium (hot section) are well presaved. Built on the four-iwan same, the calidarium consists of four banel-vaulted iwans four domed hatvets (priavate chambers) filling the corners of the cross, and a large eentisl hall surmoumod by a dome with a pemagonal oculus.